Sunday, September 19, 2010

Napping: Update

We're still working on napping. Friday was a set back for me when I realized that Elijah will scream anytime he is in his crib. The last two nights he has woken up at midnight and instead of going back to sleep like he was before, he immediately started crying. And then the same thing happened in the morning, when before his morning awakenings were gradual and I heard him chatting over the monitor not crying. So rather than have him totally resent his crib I'm going to start over. Or at least try something else. I'll work on getting him to sleep and then laying him on our bed and sleeping there. Eventually I'll get him moved to his crib and then start on falling asleep there.

On the recommendation of a couple people, I also requested the Elizabeth Pantley book "No-Cry Nap Solution" through the SD interlibrary loan. It'll be some time before I get it, but I'm hoping not too long.

Other than that, we had a great weekend! Friday was relaxing in the house with the bad weather. Saturday afternoon was spent with friends and an excellent pot of chicken and rice soup and today we got to see Eric's family.

Here's hoping napping goes well this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment