Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Post on Sleep

Throughout this napping crisis we've been having (okay, it's not really a crisis, but it feels like it sometimes) one good thing that has come from it is a bedtime routine.

Eric's involved in a play so he has practice each night. Originally I thought this was going to be a problem but it is good for me and Eli to set up this routine.

The times may vary slightly, but essentially what we have worked out as follows:

-Eric and I eat dinner
-Elijah gets dinner (rice cereal and veggies)
-Playtime
-Bathtime (which is a whole post on its own!)
-Nakey time
-Outside for a few minutes of fresh air
-Reading time
-Nursing
-Bed

It's been working great for the last couple weeks. I'm lucky that Elijah still falls asleep while nursing so I just rock him for a few more minutes and then transfer him to his crib. Occasionally he wakes up a couple hours later to nurse again, but other than that it's going well. I know eventually we will have to work on him soothing himself to sleep, but for now I'm sticking with what works.

No comments:

Post a Comment