Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Monday

Today was another good day in the life of Elijah Nies. He got to see 3 of his 4 grandparents!

Eric and I have accepted that no one will come to visit us anymore; it's all about the baby. And rightfully so - he's such a cutie!

As such, my parents came to see Eli and brought us lunch as well. Aside from my mother trying to ply my little boy with pizza and soda it was a delightful visit. We chatted, ate, and then assembled the small portable grill my dad won at a golf tournament and thoughtfully gave to us. I'm guessing there will be grilling going on this Friday at the Nies household!

Then Eric's mom came over so the two of us could (finally!) watch the last episode of Top Chef. She also brought pizza and fed Eli his first serving of green beans - which did not go over well at all. We'll try them again tomorrow and if he still doesn't like them, well, we'll hold off for some time and then try again. He started getting a little fussy at the end, so Kris and I couldn't have our usual in depth discussion about the show (although we both approve of the winner).

My sweet baby is finally asleep in his crib (after 1.75 hours of nursing and 10 minutes of rocking) and I'm off to crash in bed. G'night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment