Some days Elijah drives me crazy. I'm sure every mom has those days. Whether he has too much energy or none at all, we can't get going at the same speed. So I've decided to compile a list of reasons why I love him to look at when I get overwhelmed. Or when I just want to smile.
Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Being Eli's Mom
1. He has the most infectious laugh. Even when I'm in a not-so-good mood, he can make me smile with that sweet giggle.
2. His unbridled enthusiasm for all things Muppets. If I need a few minutes to myself or a shower, I can always depend on Kermit, Fozzie, and Miss Piggy to keep him happy.
3. He makes me realize that I was meant to be a mother with all its ups and downs.
4. I can pretty much always get a hug when I ask for one. Or can take it by force if I need to.
5. His immense love for his daddy and Eric's love for him.
6. I never know what is going to come out of his mouth next. He's not even close to full sentences but says the silliest stuff.
8. Those big blue eyes. He already knows how to work them.
9. His great (inherited) love of books.
10. How much he misses me when I'm gone.
Monday, January 9, 2012
We're still alive here, even though a stomach flu tried hard to take each of us out in the last 10 days. We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's and 2012 is going great for us. We (i.e. Eric, Les, and Eli) are working on finishing the basement while I continue on my crocheting. We hosted our first big gathering of the year, having the Christmas party for a board Eric is on last night. We are looking forward to having more of these, including our 2nd Annual Nies Super Bowl Party. 2012 looks to be an amazing year in the Nies household!