Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Waiting Game

It's now four days past my due date and Eli is no closer to making his entrance into the world. I had some contractions on Monday night into part of Tuesday but they were irregular and never lasted very long. Since then I've been walking and resting preparing myself for when the big day actually comes.

We saw the doctor on Wednesday and she said I was dilated to 3 cm and the Niesling's head is down and in position. She scheduled me to be induced on Tuesday if nothing happens by then. She thinks that if she breaks my water that should be enough to start labor. I sincerely hope so, but if we need a little help, well, she is the doctor.

Like I said, nothing much has been happening here. I've tidied the house every morning and read several books over the last few days. I also try to keep people updated on our status through facebook, texting, and calls. I have also taken up actually cooking our lunches, which for anyone who knows me, that's a pretty big deal. I'm sure Eric will get used to it just as the Niesling shows up and he will no longer be getting homecooked meals. Or at least not for the foreseeable future.

Thanks to everyone for your support and interest! Hopefully we will all get to meet Eli even if it's not until Tuesday or Wednesday (but at least the end is in sight!).

No comments:

Post a Comment