Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's Official...

...I'm a stay at home mom! Although the mom part is probably going to come in a couple more weeks.

After weeks of waiting and training my replacement, I'm finished with my old office job. It was a good job and I enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm glad I can stay home with the Niesling. It'll be interesting keeping myself occupied until he makes his appearance, but I think I'm off to a good start.

I couldn't sleep in this morning, even though I was laying awake in bed for two hours last night, and I never did get a nap in sadly. But I was very productive. I did one load of wash of our clothes, two loads of sheets, and a load of baby clothes. I also vacuumed our bedroom and the living room, as well as mopped the kitchen floor, and loaded, washed, and unloaded the dishwasher. Oh yeah, and I started thank you notes for the gifts we have received. All-in-all a productive and full day.

Tomorrow I will be going shopping with my mother-in-law for the last minute necessities for the baby (changing table, diaper bag, diapers, boppy pillow, etc) as well as finishing setting up his room. Hopefully we can get everything we need and coordinating his room. It'll be one more thing I can check off my to do list before he's here.

Earlier this week I had my doctor's appointment. My Group B strep test came back negative which is one less thing to worry about during labor. My weight went up slightly, but my blood pressure is still good. Dr. B did not check for dilation but she did say that my uterus is two inches smaller this week (down from 36 to 34 inches) so she thinks he has dropped into my pelvis. I have noticed that I can breathe easier now and I have the pregnancy waddle occasionally. Which means the Niesling could be arriving at any time, although I think it will be at least one or two more weeks. I have not had any Braxton Hicks contractions. Or at least not that I know of.

The next scheduled appointment is Tuesday the 6th. I'm guessing it'll just be a regular check up with possible checking for dilation and effacement.

Overall I've had a good week so far and am looking forward to spending Easter with family and relaxing. Not to mention watching the first baseball game of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment