Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ahh... Nine Days!

My first couple weeks as a stay at home mom have been going well. I rest as much as possible, do some cleaning, some packing, and some eating. I also have gotten into the TLC show A Baby Story. It follows families as they go through the birth of their children. I don't know if it was the smartest idea to start watching this show, but it gives me somewhat of an idea of what to expect. And since we're (gulp) nine days away from my due date now, the thought of what's going to happen has crossed my mind a few times.

Overall things are going very well for both the baby and I. The last two doctor's appointments have been quick and painless. Because I haven't had any contractions, Dr. B has not even checked for dilation or effacement. I don't think I've even had false labor or Braxton Hicks contractions. Occasionally I feel some tightening or slight cramps but it doesn't last longer that 15 seconds and there is never more than one in a row. I think the Niesling is going to stay where he is as long as possible.

Even if Eli chooses not to arrive until at least the 20th, Eric and I are both ready for him. His room is all set up and ready for him (aside from the completely necessary waterproof changing mattress cover I'll be picking up tomorrow) and my hospital bag is packed. We are also ready for him mentally and emotionally. While labor and delivery still freaks me out slightly (thank you to everyone for their reassuring words on that subject!) I'm ready to be a mom and hold my baby. And no one could say that Eric isn't totally pumped to become a dad. Even though neither of us has any experience with babies, especially newborns, we're up for the challenge and ready to meet little Niesling!

Oh and we've been bad about taking pictures lately. Suffice it to say, I'm big. And waddle a lot more now. And am ready to have this baby.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I totally remember the waddling days...you're gonna be amazed at how good you feel once you have your baby (and after the recovering process, of course...lol). And just cuz you haven't had any action yet doesn't mean he won't be here soon...I never had any Braxton Hicks, or pre-labor, or anything, wasn't dilated or effaced, and my baby came 4 days early! :) I woke up at like, 3am with contractions 5 mins apart, and I was like, WHAT??!! This is NOT happening...I'm not even to my due date yet!!! :) Haha...I was totally prepared to be late, cuz ALL my Mom's 8 kids were late...her last baby (born 9 weeks after MY baby!!!) was 4 WEEKS overdue!!!!!! So yeah, be prepared...it could happen any minute. :) SOOOOO exciting!!! :D

    ReplyDelete