Saturday, April 21, 2012

Feelin' Crafty

Now that Elijah is at the age where he spends lots of time entertaining himself, I needed to find hobbies for me. After the busy book I made I decided some sort of sewing would be a good hobby. I could keep myself occupied and make useful projects. Somehow (I don't quite remember how) I ended up crocheting. I've done several projects (scarfs, toys, dishcloths) and have many more in the lineup. I've also expanded my crafting to more sewing. Below are completed, current, and upcoming projects.

Completed:

1. Sewn ABCs for on the plane (Eli wasn't much interested this time)

2. Sewn clutch for passports & money when I didn't have a purse

 3. Crocheted elephant with bow tie for my cousin's baby due in July


Current (no pictures until completed):

1. crocheting my first granny blanket - it's turning out great but way more time consuming than I expected

2. project for busy bag exchange - velcroed craft sticks (more on that later)

3. snack train for Eli's birthday party next week - I'm so glad I saved all those saltine boxes


Upcoming (pictures of inspiration projects):


1. pocket purse - I like my current purse but I really enjoyed making that clutch and want to try my hand at a full bag

2. car seat organizer - we're looking to take at least two car trips this summer and I think this would be better than Eli's toys just rolling around in the backseat

3. busy book - also for the car trips; the first was was much bigger than I wanted

I also have at least 5 crochet projects I want to do. I think it's going to be a busy summer!

Requisite Eli picture

No comments:

Post a Comment